Some of the things that happen....
- You might see your parent or carer passed out, angry or upset.
- You might be left alone for long periods.
- You might have to make difficult decisions.
- You could be caring for your parent and your brothers and sisters.
- You could be so worried that it stops you getting on with important things like homework and school.
- You might have too much responsibility and feel overwhelmed by keeping secrets.
- You could be missing out on an important relationship. This will influence how you see yourself and how you think you are valued